Lake Mary Montessori Academy
Since antibiotics work only against bacteria and never against viruses, they have no or little effect on colds, flu, bronchitis and most sore throats. Therefore, if your child does not look or feel well, our policy is for them to stay home until all the symptoms are completely gone. Only then will they be allowed to return to school. Remember to have your child wash his/her hands regularly and that rest at home is the best medicine.
For your child’s welfare and that of the other
children and teacher(s), children WILL NOT be
allowed to attend school with the following symptoms:
- Yellow/Green nasal discharge.
- A cough.
- A fever. The child must stay at home for 2 days.
- Diarrhea or loose bowels.
- Contagious illness (i.e. conjunctivitis, flu, chicken pox, impetigo)
- Head lice – until treatment is performed and all nits are removed
(Treatment information is available in the school office)
- Please be sure your child is picked up within 20-30 minutes after the teacher has called to inform you of your child’s illness.
A doctor’s note may be required to admit the child back into school for some illnesses.
All rashes must have a note from the doctor.
If your child has had a flu shot, please let your teacher or the office know so we can keep a record.
Please keep the office informed of any changes in your phone numbers.