Montessori Education is based on the work of Italian Pediatrician Dr. Maria Montessori, whose research gave birth to an educational system that had grown worldwide. Dr. Montessori developed a philosophy based on the natural development of children and their intrinsic desire to explore, discover, and learn from the world around them. Her philosophy encompasses primary through elementary aged children.
Like Dr. Montessori, we believe that children:
* Have within them a natural urge to explore, discover and learn.
* Are in a crucial stage of development from birth to six years, when intelligence itself is being formed.
* Thrive in an enriched environment that provides opportunities for academic, social, physical, and emotional growth.
* Learn best when they are actively involved in the learning process.
* Mature when they are free to make choices, for they then develop independence and self-confidence.